One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The dance piece begins with the entry of a chorus of seven drummers and cymbalists.’
- ‘The team consisted of a drummer, four cymbalists, a gong player and two dancers.’
- ‘I think that with a little practice, I can be every bit the cymbalist she was, maybe even better.’
- ‘The cymbalist uses the palm of his hand to stop the strings from ringing at the end of the musical phrase.’
- ‘Two or more cymbalists clash brass cymbals together to provide the treble notes of the music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.