One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A figure or body resembling a cylinder.
- ‘None of the cutting rigs or power tools is well suited for concentrically cutting coaxially derived cylinders or cylindroids from larger objects made of wood, plastic or ice.’
- ‘The bodies are cylindroid, and are terminated by slightly concave or nearly flat articular surfaces.’
Resembling a cylinder in shape.
- ‘The battery extension assembly includes a hollow cylindroid body, a confining structure and an elastic holding member.’
- ‘The processing parameters of cylindroid spiral springs were confirmed on the basis of a large number of experiments.’
- ‘The tumor cells were uniform and had a cylindroid shape, with round or oval nuclei.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.