One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic cytotoxic drug used in treating leukemia and lymphoma and as an immunosuppressive agent.
- ‘Adjuvant therapy, multidrug chemotherapy was carried out with methotrexate, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone.’
- ‘Before a transplant takes place, the patient's abnormal bone marrow is destroyed through total body radiation, in combination with the drug cyclophosphamide.’
- ‘Most patients in the Danish study were treated with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil chemotherapy, the dose and schedule of which have been criticised.’
- ‘For severe ocular involvement, patients are treated with systemic steroids, along with cyclophosphamide or azathioprine.’
- ‘A combination of two immunosuppressive drugs, cyclophosphamide and fludarabine, was given with the intent to knock out the patient's immune system to allow the foreign donor immune cells to take hold.’
- ‘Anticancer agents such as cisplatin, cyclophosphamide, and methotrexate slow gastric emptying.’
- ‘The patient was treated with adjuvant chemotherapy consisting of doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide for 4 cycles; she handled the treatment well.’
- ‘The benefit of cytotoxic agents such as cyclophosphamide has not yet been established.’
- ‘The patient did well postoperatively, and chemotherapy consisting of cyclophosphamide, vincristine, adriamycin, and prednisone was initiated.’
- ‘The patient was treated with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone chemotherapy starting in August 1998.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.