One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic cytotoxic drug used in treating leukemia and lymphoma and as an immunosuppressive agent.
- ‘Adjuvant therapy, multidrug chemotherapy was carried out with methotrexate, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone.’
- ‘Anticancer agents such as cisplatin, cyclophosphamide, and methotrexate slow gastric emptying.’
- ‘The benefit of cytotoxic agents such as cyclophosphamide has not yet been established.’
- ‘The patient did well postoperatively, and chemotherapy consisting of cyclophosphamide, vincristine, adriamycin, and prednisone was initiated.’
- ‘The patient was treated with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone chemotherapy starting in August 1998.’
- ‘Before a transplant takes place, the patient's abnormal bone marrow is destroyed through total body radiation, in combination with the drug cyclophosphamide.’
- ‘Most patients in the Danish study were treated with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil chemotherapy, the dose and schedule of which have been criticised.’
- ‘A combination of two immunosuppressive drugs, cyclophosphamide and fludarabine, was given with the intent to knock out the patient's immune system to allow the foreign donor immune cells to take hold.’
- ‘For severe ocular involvement, patients are treated with systemic steroids, along with cyclophosphamide or azathioprine.’
- ‘The patient was treated with adjuvant chemotherapy consisting of doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide for 4 cycles; she handled the treatment well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.