One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hydrocarbon with a molecule containing a ring of carbon atoms joined by single bonds.
- ‘These fuels contain paraffins, cycloparaffins, aromatics, and olefins.’
- ‘Paraffins are the second most common component found in petroleum, after cycloparaffins.’
- ‘The contents of cycloparaffins were calculated gravimetrically in each separated fraction and also analyzed by mass spectrometry methods.’
- ‘Hydrocarbons are divided into groups of which those of especial interest to geologists are the paraffin, cycloparaffin and aromatic groups.’
- ‘In a preferred embodiment of the process of the present invention, the cycloparaffin is cyclohexane or cyclododecane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.