One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hydrocarbon with a molecule containing a ring of carbon atoms joined by single bonds.
- ‘Hydrocarbons are divided into groups of which those of especial interest to geologists are the paraffin, cycloparaffin and aromatic groups.’
- ‘In a preferred embodiment of the process of the present invention, the cycloparaffin is cyclohexane or cyclododecane.’
- ‘The contents of cycloparaffins were calculated gravimetrically in each separated fraction and also analyzed by mass spectrometry methods.’
- ‘Paraffins are the second most common component found in petroleum, after cycloparaffins.’
- ‘These fuels contain paraffins, cycloparaffins, aromatics, and olefins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.