One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An instrument for measuring circular arcs.
2An instrument attached to a bicycle for measuring the distance it travels.
- ‘Finally, one day, I gave my front tire a spin to see if the cyclometer still worked.’
- ‘At minimum, the average cyclometer's functions include speed, distance, maximum speed, average speed, a clock, and a timer.’
- ‘As I am fan of cycling now, I bought a new cyclometer at price of 120 RMB.’
- ‘The cyclometer on my bicycle registered 2921 miles this year.’
- ‘The serious aerobic athlete, mountaineer, or alpine skier who doesn't mind wearing something that looks like a cyclometer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.