One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cross-country racing on bicycles.
- ‘With a superb performance, Eric Stone has finished tenth in the world professional cyclo-cross championship near Padua, Italy.’
- ‘Cyclo-cross is a mass-start race, and according to US Cycling Federation rules, bikes used in mass-start events may not have objects that protrude forward.’
- ‘The race takes in the summits of Ingleborough, Whernside and Penyghent and is rated the toughest cyclo-cross event.’
- ‘I have a some teammates that are really into cyclo-cross racing.’
- ‘A new technical edict from cycling's international governing body has sent professional cyclo-cross racers scrambling for new equipment.’
- ‘The Three Peaks is arguably the world's toughest cyclo-cross event with competitors coming from as far as Australia and America.’
- ‘Why is it that cyclo-cross bikes seem to use cantilever brakes in lieu of a linear pull V-brake?’
- ‘It's painful for cyclo-cross aficionados to forego racing season.’
- ‘Today, the company churns out a huge range of road, mountain, cyclo-cross, triathlon, single-speed and tandem bikes.’
- ‘Andy Applegate is an elite-level road, cyclo-cross, and mountain-bike racer.’
- ‘The UK track and road-racing season is drawing to a close and Dacey has no plans to enter any cyclo-cross or mountain bike races.’
- ‘Armstrong said that while he is retiring from cycling, he will keep fit and perhaps take part in mountain bike or cyclo-cross races from time to time.’
- ‘Schweitzer is an avid cyclist and rides road, mountain, cyclo-cross and tandem bikes.’
- ‘Paul's immediate sights are on the national cyclo-cross championships in January, when most of his fellow competitors will be aged 16.’
- ‘McBain is now turning his thoughts to the forthcoming cyclo-cross championship, where a fourth title beckons.’
- ‘With the six week hill-climb season which traditionally follows the road racing season now at an end the winter discipline of cyclo-cross has taken over as the main focal point of cycle sport.’
- ‘That year, racing off-road in the Welsh cyclo-cross championship, she beat all her male rivals to the under-12 title.’
- ‘It's my first ever victory, either on the road or at cyclo-cross.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.