One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cycloparaffin
- ‘Cycloalkanes are fairly common in the world of organic chemistry, both man-made and natural.’
- ‘The group of cycloalkanes are also known as naphthenes, as they are compounds of petroleum or naphtha’
- ‘They had reacted a conjugated diene with a simple alkene to generate a cycloalkane.’
- ‘As we have shown, the use of a photomediator has a dramatic effect on the C - C bond forming reaction between alkynes and cycloalkanes in terms of reaction times and yields.’
- ‘The cycloalkanes are saturated hydrocarbons like the alkanes, but form rings with two hydrogen atoms per carbon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.