Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for cycloparaffin
- ‘As we have shown, the use of a photomediator has a dramatic effect on the C - C bond forming reaction between alkynes and cycloalkanes in terms of reaction times and yields.’
- ‘Cycloalkanes are fairly common in the world of organic chemistry, both man-made and natural.’
- ‘The cycloalkanes are saturated hydrocarbons like the alkanes, but form rings with two hydrogen atoms per carbon.’
- ‘They had reacted a conjugated diene with a simple alkene to generate a cycloalkane.’
- ‘The group of cycloalkanes are also known as naphthenes, as they are compounds of petroleum or naphtha’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.