One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Undergo or cause to undergo a reaction in which one part of a molecule becomes linked to another to form a closed ring.
- ‘Quantitation of the ligation efficiencies shows that 13% of the 40-mer cyclized, but 82% of the 42-mer cyclized.’
- ‘The biradical can revert to the starting material, cyclize to give a cyclobutanol derivative, or in our case, fragment to an alkene and an enol component.’
- ‘These extensions, called cohesive ends, are complementary and enable the chromosome to cyclize in an infected cell.’
- ‘Subsequently, 8'-hydroxyABA cyclizes to form phaseic acid which may be further reduced to dihydrophaseic acid in some tissues.’
- ‘The semialdehyde cyclizes spontaneously to Dpyrroline - 5-carboxylate which is then reduced to proline by an NADPH-dependent reductase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.