One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who rides a bicycle.
- ‘There is a place for off-road cycle lanes, but cyclists have the right to use the road as much as anyone else.’
- ‘Among the many things that make me nervous when driving on the roads here, joggers and cyclists are the worst.’
- ‘Mr Kind wants the road repaired so that it can be safely used by pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders.’
- ‘Cars are driven so fast on that road that cyclists are likely to be hit by them.’
- ‘All this bellicosity towards cyclists is based on the notion that every bike is ridden by a maniac on two wheels.’
- ‘Ask the regular cyclists, and they will chorus that the city is never friendly to them.’
- ‘Dogs do have a natural instinct to go after moving objects and may start chasing cars, cyclists or joggers.’
- ‘So I started to cycle as fast as I could and soon began to catch up with the other cyclists.’
- ‘Because cyclists burn so much energy we have to eat high energy food such as pasta.’
- ‘He became a keen cyclist and had a bicycle specially made for the end-to-end challenge.’
- ‘The agency said that at some point cyclists had to leave the new cycle path to join the carriageway.’
- ‘Whether a cycle lane is beneficial to cyclists is doubtful as there are cars parked in the cycle lane most of the time.’
- ‘There is nothing to stop cyclists using the pavement if they walk with their bikes.’
- ‘Employees are being encouraged to leave their cars at home as we have shower facilities for cyclists.’
- ‘The German cyclist tested positive for amphetamines in June while recovering from a knee injury.’
- ‘A keen cyclist is to live out his dream by riding across the finish line of the Tour de France.’
- ‘Bury has numerous cycle lanes and special facilities for cyclists including parking in the town.’
- ‘One of the big problems for cyclists in Australia is that drivers feel no empathy for them.’
- ‘Moves to give cyclists new rights of way at the expense of motorists have been welcomed by a York cycling group.’
- ‘Increasing the number of cyclists is a straightforward way of making cycling much safer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.