One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of riding a bicycle. Bicycle racing has three main forms: road racing (typically over long distances), track racing (on an oval track), and cyclocross (over rough, open country).
- ‘There will then be a packed day of activities including soccer, cricket, an orienteering course, cycling and athletics.’
- ‘Athletics is one of the four sports featured at the World Cup: swimming, cycling and basketball are the other three.’
- ‘USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling in the United States.’
- ‘You've mentioned before that finances can be pretty tight in the sport of cycling.’
- ‘Events such as swimming, golf, cricket, cycling and tennis will take place at other venues around the city.’
- ‘In 5- to 9-year-olds, cycling is the major single activity, apart from playing, which results in injuries.’
- ‘Road cycling is very tactical; you have to use your head just as much as you have to use your legs.’
- ‘Gentle cycling and swimming can also help relieve stiffness.’
- ‘He hopes to devote more time to hobbies including golf and cycling.’
- ‘National Park centres are open seven days a week to provide information about walking, cycling and riding.’
- ‘The Australian team is admired very much in the world of cycling for its great team spirit.’
- ‘Road cycling has always had a dedicated following, with many attracted by the glamour of racing.’
- ‘He was fond of outdoor activities and enjoyed swimming, hill-walking and cycling.’
- ‘The secret is to start off gently and it might be best to think of cycling as a fun activity, rather than exhausting exercise.’
- ‘Technology impacts on many sports at the Olympics, not just swimming and cycling.’
- ‘It is inspiring to see him giving so much to the sport of cycling in her memory.’
- ‘Nearly everything about cycling is more interesting than casual observers assume.’
- ‘Without serious reform, cycling will have no future and the sport's golden moments will live only in glossy books.’
- ‘The novel has the power to introduce the passion and complexity of the sport of cycling to a broader audience.’
- ‘She is into gymnasium work and cycling, which she enjoys on winter evenings, as well as diving and water sports.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.