One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The gypsy moth is a notorious pest that feeds on birches and other deciduous trees, and outbreaks of this pest occur cyclically across large regions of Japan.’
- ‘His great genius was to see the global scope, and indefinite time scale, of the mechanisms of change operating cyclically on earth.’
- ‘People first worshipped the earth and the sun because they were the magical entities which cyclically provided for their needs.’
- ‘REM sleep occurs cyclically every 90 minutes during the night in association with high brain activity, rapid spontaneous eye movements and suppressed voluntary motor activity.’
- ‘In women, many hormones in the blood and urine are cyclically altered under the influence of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis.’
- ‘Marketing decisions are critical to profitability due to the variability of prices monthly, annually, and cyclically.’
- ‘The orientation of the vesicular cavities varies cyclically.’
- ‘Over a five-year period, currencies tend to move cyclically.’
- ‘We all lose hair cyclically, but we don't usually notice because the shedding phase for individual hairs varies, so while some are shedding, others are growing.’
- ‘Global warming is something that the planet goes through cyclically, along with global cooling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.