One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A librarian or researcher who uses the Internet as an information resource.
- ‘Essentially these cybrarians create subject-oriented guides of web sites for use by the internet community.’
- ‘Today's librarians are more commonly known as cybrarians, content managers, information specialists, and knowledge engineers.’
- ‘Work done by students and professionals must be guided by cybrarians attuned to the problems inherent in images or videos.’
- ‘She is an exceptional role model for librarians who are evolving into cybrarians.’
- ‘Asking questions, sharing ideas, and generally mingling with other cybrarians will keep you buoyant.’
- ‘Two professional fields exist now, even though they are not yet ratified officially: cybrarians, who deal, to various extents with digital libraries, and librarians, who work in traditional libraries.’
1990s: blend of cyber- and librarian.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.