One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Theft carried out by means of computers or the Internet.‘online fraud and cybertheft cost financial institutions an estimated $3.5 billion last year’‘a cybertheft in which criminals infiltrated the computer system of a bank and stole £1.3 million’
- ‘That breach turned out to be one of the most colossal of cybertheft incidents.’
- ‘Hollywood hypocrites or not, they are the victims of a virulent form of cybertheft.’
- ‘Andersen believes that the way to address the rampant cybertheft of intellectual property is through economic sanctions.’
- ‘Still unknown, for example, is the unseen cost of military cybertheft, said Mr. Lewis.’
- ‘We have repeatedly raised our concerns at the highest levels about cybertheft with senior officials, including in the military.’
- ‘Protection against cyberattacks, cybertheft, and the safeguarding of proprietary information have shifted the focus of technology spending to these areas.’
- ‘The U.S. charged three Eastern European men with running an international cybertheft ring, arresting them in their native countries with the help of police there.’
- ‘While cyberthefts were escalating, corporate spending on cybersecurity was, too.’
- ‘We interviewed members of Britain's National High-Tech Crime Unit as well as the criminals and hackers who profit from cybertheft.’
- ‘And given the amount of attacks and breaches that occur worldwide, who isn't trying to avoid cyberattacks or cyberthefts?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.