One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Theft carried out by means of computers or the Internet.‘online fraud and cybertheft cost financial institutions an estimated $3.5 billion last year’‘a cybertheft in which criminals infiltrated the computer system of a bank and stole £1.3 million’
- ‘Andersen believes that the way to address the rampant cybertheft of intellectual property is through economic sanctions.’
- ‘Protection against cyberattacks, cybertheft, and the safeguarding of proprietary information have shifted the focus of technology spending to these areas.’
- ‘While cyberthefts were escalating, corporate spending on cybersecurity was, too.’
- ‘And given the amount of attacks and breaches that occur worldwide, who isn't trying to avoid cyberattacks or cyberthefts?’
- ‘We have repeatedly raised our concerns at the highest levels about cybertheft with senior officials, including in the military.’
- ‘The U.S. charged three Eastern European men with running an international cybertheft ring, arresting them in their native countries with the help of police there.’
- ‘That breach turned out to be one of the most colossal of cybertheft incidents.’
- ‘Hollywood hypocrites or not, they are the victims of a virulent form of cybertheft.’
- ‘Still unknown, for example, is the unseen cost of military cybertheft, said Mr. Lewis.’
- ‘We interviewed members of Britain's National High-Tech Crime Unit as well as the criminals and hackers who profit from cybertheft.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.