One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The repeated use of electronic communications to harass or frighten someone, for example by sending threatening emails.
- ‘Yesterday, he pleaded guilty to two counts of cyberstalking in an agreement with federal prosecutors, AP reports.’
- ‘However, the methods used to pursue victims are likely to be limited because they lack the knowledge and experience of victims of cyberstalking and stalking.’
- ‘Like Card, I responded legally, by pointing out to him that his actions could be construed as a form of cyberstalking, which is illegal in Michigan.’
- ‘Victims of power/control crimes such as cyberstalking often use the Internet to locate web sites that offer help and support.’
- ‘In discussing British and American legislation related to stalking and cyberstalking, for example, Bocij considers the concept of a test of reasonableness.’
- ‘Then there's identity theft and cyberstalking, both of which are significantly simplified by online access to public records.’
- ‘The selections this week include reflections on the Meath bus crash, Conor Lenihan as a kebab chef, a Star Wars horoscope, cyberstalking, and deranged art.’
- ‘It is also worth noting that there has been no research indicating that sexually related Internet crimes such as cyberstalking are addictive.’
- ‘Such a process would have occurred naturally, as a consequence of the board's membership being made up almost exclusively of victims of stalking and cyberstalking.’
- ‘Finally, the motivations behind corporate cyberstalking incidents can be very different to those commonly associated with offline stalking and cyberstalking.’
- ‘The situation is more pronounced in the area of cyberstalking, where even the most basic information is lacking and where relatively little research is taking place.’
- ‘Next, efforts were made to locate examples of reactive stalking, especially in relation to cyberstalking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.