Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Purchase or shop for goods and services on a website.
- ‘You can go cybershopping and pay your bills through cyberbanking.’
- ‘The elusive female market has been found and they're cybershopping for stuff they can hold in their hands.’
- ‘She discusses how making payments in cyberspace differs from making payments in the bricks-and-mortar world and describes the use of traditional payment methods for cybershopping.’
- ‘While there are some pitfalls to cybershopping, it also offers many opportunities for learning about money management.’
- ‘But, before making any purchases on the Internet, the Better Business Bureau system offers you the following tips to be aware of when cybershopping.’
- ‘Before you go cybershopping, have a few backup gift ideas in case you cannot easily find your first choice.’
- ‘Therefore, when cybershopping, take your time to look at a variety of sites to make sure you are getting the best bargain for your money.’
- ‘This section suggests how to protect your cards, explains what to do if any of your cards are lost or stolen, and covers billing errors and questionable charges, unauthorized charges, cybershopping, and signing up for a card registration service.’
A website that sells or provides information about retail goods or services.
- ‘Be it books, music, jewellery, clothing, electronic goods, rail or air tickets, if you have a credit card and access to an internet connection, you can buy from cybershops anywhere around the world, without actually having to visit those countries.’
- ‘It will see information being shared over the network, at cybershops and in the form of digital cash.’
- ‘PayPal is an Internet-based payment system run by EBay, enabling you to pay bills from the cybershop of SBB Historic directly on the Internet.’
- ‘In this field of rapid technological progress, cybershops cannot realistically build and operate the necessary functions by themselves.’
- ‘To this end, the cybershop concentrates much effort on building and maintaining customer relationships.’
- ‘Many mom-and-pop cybershops are enjoying increasing sales, an expanded customer base or a profit despite the burst of the dotcom bubble.’
- ‘Now cybershops are looking for strategies that will keep their old and new customers coming back to buy from the Web site throughout the year.’
- ‘The companies catching up with the ‘.com’ revolution have opened cybershops to reach new customers.’
- ‘Either way, though, these cybershops are doing us all a favour: Freecycle claims to be keeping 50 tons a day out of landfill sites.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.