Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Sexual arousal using computer technology, especially by wearing virtual reality equipment or by exchanging messages with another person via the Internet.
- ‘Interviews were initially conducted with 36 individuals who were participating in Internet chat rooms devoted to cybersex.’
- ‘He addressed pornography, cybersex, and sexual expression on the Internet, but did not delve into issues surrounding individuals who use the Internet as a venue for meeting sex partners.’
- ‘In sexual interactions, the high desirability of cybersex may be a function, as Lacan theorized, of its being constituted in the realm of the linguistic and the symbolic.’
- ‘If a relationship were strong in the first place, a partner would not stray into those places on the internet where cybersex is found.’
- ‘For anyone who has ever been curious about a whole range of sexual behaviors, cybersex offers a private, safe, and anonymous way to explore those fantasies.’
- ‘In this instance, cybersex involves online users swapping text-based sexual fantasies with each other.’
- ‘The concept of community online has been extensively explored and raises the question as to whether the internet and cybersex constitute a ‘community’ in any sense.’
- ‘In some cases, the works were ‘updated’ with allusions to cybersex.’
- ‘Questions here asked, for example, if cybersex is cheating, if sex on the Internet is better suited for men, if the Internet fosters equality between genders, and similar questions.’
- ‘Male compulsive users presented cybersex as a manifestation of sexual addiction.’
- ‘If you think Internet flirting and cybersex are harmless, you might want to reconsider.’
- ‘However, it is likely that those who use the internet for cybersex or for making sexual contacts are already distanced from conventional moral economies.’
- ‘In terms of sexuality, the internet has made cybersex possible, widely expanded the possible network of contacts and times of contact, and enabled people to utilize multiple personas.’
- ‘What motivates individuals to seek sexual information, pornography, cybersex, or face-to-face sexual interaction via the Internet?’
- ‘Thus cybersex has become positioned midway between arousal from viewing pornography and real (in-person) sexual contact.’
- ‘There is an additional stage consideration that arises from the relationship between typing, doing, and being: the possibility that an individual might have cybersex with a member of the same sex, but not physical sex.’
- ‘But to the internet communicator engaging in cybersex, there can be the perception that this is not a ‘real’ behavior because there is not a physical interaction.’
- ‘She says that it is a daily occurrence to be invited to engage in cybersex, or to talk dirty, but she rejects these offers without hesitation.’
- ‘At any given time of the day or night, one can find more than 8,000 chat rooms devoted to cybersex or the discussion of sexual topics in operation on Internet Relay Chat.’
- ‘Since we're on the topic of intimacy, let's delve into that other magnet that lures some teens into cyberspace - cybersex.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.