One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A person who uses the Internet.
- ‘Hey there Mountain Zone cybernauts, this is Vern Tejas with Alpine Ascents Denali expedition known as Dalai Lamas.’
- ‘Other news from Camp I, Vernon Tejas reports to all cybernauts out there that the team's pull through the Icefall yesterday was completed in a very timely fashion.’
- ‘Now these grotesque, giant cybernauts shall come face to face with the steadfast resolve of this residual band.’
- ‘Greetings cybernauts this is Vern Tejas with Alpine Ascents' 2003 Mt Everest ascent.’
- ‘Some cybernauts said they weren't even clear on Zhao's contribution, but were nonetheless indignant at attempts to sweep under the rug the death of a man who played such an important historical role.’
- ‘When his connection package arrived, the fledgling cybernaut followed the enclosed instructions to the letter - but to no avail.’
- 1.1 A person who wears sensory devices in order to experience virtual reality.
1960s (in the senses ‘robot’ and ‘cyborg’): from cyber-, on the pattern of astronaut.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.