One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Monday following Thanksgiving, promoted by online retailers as a day for exceptional bargains.
- ‘Cyber Monday, the biggest Internet shopping day of the year, happens on November 30.’
- ‘For those new to the internet, Cyber Monday is the online version of Black Friday, where internet retailers offer deals for desk slaves.’
- ‘What did help was the realization that Cyber Monday was only a couple of days away.’
- ‘Meanwhile, most of these sites were again busy on Cyber Monday, the first of the week following Black Friday.’
- ‘Their extensive database of more than 700 stores has your Cyber Monday needs covered.’
- ‘Most big online retailers now offer special Cyber Monday deals to keep the stream of sales moving along through the holiday season.’
- ‘We created a list of the five best websites to find Cyber Monday deals below.’
- ‘You can hit up Cyber Monday in your pajamas.’
- ‘Half of retailers will distribute promotions and deals to shoppers through a special Cyber Monday email.’
- ‘Of course, the online equivalent of retail's Black Friday is Cyber Monday.’
- ‘Sophos warns consumers and businesses alike to be mindful of the risks on Cyber Monday and to utilize proper security measures.’
- ‘Retailers survived Cyber Monday, the busiest online shopping day of the year, without a major cybersecurity incident.’
- ‘A large number of online data providers have reported on the popularity of the little mechanical hamster right after Black Friday / Cyber Monday.’
- ‘As more people count on Cyber Monday for big deals on holiday shopping, smaller retailers face stiff competition from big-box stores.’
- ‘Online shopping is now a norm, so people refer to the Monday after Thanksgiving as Cyber Monday.’
- ‘If you want to keep your Cyber Monday search simple (and potentially faster), start here.’
- ‘Cyber Monday, the less hyped effect of online shoppers taking advantage of post-Black Friday bargains, has become a major shopping day in its own right.’
- ‘However, for the last two years, Cyber Monday - the Monday following Black Friday - has become the most popular shopping day for online consumers.’
Early 21st century: on the pattern of Black Friday.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.