Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or characteristic of the culture of computers, information technology, and virtual reality.‘the cyber age’
- ‘This is the cyber age, which allows the Kimpire to grow fast, cost efficiently and without any limits.’
- ‘Once children get used to the cyber culture, they graduate to porno sites.’
- ‘The transparency exemplified by the Internet economy, he adds, will be the cyber wave of the future.’
- ‘Bangalore can retain its name of Garden City and still be a cyber plateau; other cities have done it and so can we.’
- ‘They work as a cyber profiling team, responsible for investigating identity theft crimes linked to computer use.’
- ‘They must have turned up to hear what MT had to say about the novel in the cyber age.’
- ‘Indications are that the Railway is cutting tickets for the express drive to the cyber age.’
- ‘You can find out all the information on the golden ticket winners, tour the cyber chocolate factory and play games.’
- ‘Fred says he's not into the cyber age and keeps away from computers.’
- ‘It makes sense if people are search Pudong Airport since it is a relatively less mentioned topic in the cyber world.’
- ‘My master's thesis on the cyber world comes up on a ‘body building porn’ site!’
- ‘Free time has been replaced by cyber time to the point where my family feels the need to comment on my presence at the dinner table.’
- ‘It strikes me as the height of ignorance to overlook the fact the election was stolen by cyber fraud.’
- ‘Over 12 pairs of cyber model nominees will compete in the grand final which will be held in a cafe in Jakarta.’
- ‘He fails to get the exercise his body needs and is so enwrapped in his world of cyber heroes and villains that he skips meals too.’
- ‘Officers seized the boys' computers and experts began to trawl through the cyber history.’
- ‘The book will advise corporations on - what else - how to protect themselves against cyber crooks.’
- ‘So if you like the work I do here, please consider throwing some cash in the cyber guitar case.’
- ‘Rubbing in salt are statistics that pin India among the top five countries for cyber security breaches.’
- ‘A cyber policing unit formed to crack down on child pornography websites and protect abused children has been launched.’
1980s: abbreviation of cybernetics.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.