One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a class of compounds which are cyanide derivatives of acrylates. They are easily polymerized and are used to make quick-setting adhesives.
- ‘Where the digital model indicates a solid, the printer, using a modified inkjet printer cartridge, injects the binder cyanoacrylate.’
- ‘For opaque hubs, choices range from quick-bonding adhesives such as cyanoacrylates to epoxy systems.’
- ‘This adhesive is based on cyanoacrylates which spontaneously polymerizes in moist air.’
- ‘Finished parts can be dipped in wax; sanded, finished, and painted; or infiltrated with another material, such as an elastomer, urethane, cyanoacrylate, or wax.’
- ‘According to the company, cyanoacrylates are reactive monomer liquids that become polymer films when they react to moisture or certain chemicals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.