An annual award to the outstanding pitcher in each of the major leagues.
- ‘With Gibson, Koufax, and Seaver as contemporaries, it doesn't surprise me that Marichal never won a Cy Young Award.’
- ‘His record also includes a 20-win season in 1989 and a Cy Young Award in 1986 when he led the Astros to a division title by pitching a no-hitter to clinch the division.’
- ‘McLain continued to pitch well in 1969, sharing the Cy Young Award with Baltimore's Mike Cuellar.’
- ‘Gagne became the ninth relief pitcher to win a Cy Young Award, the first since Dennis Eckersley won it in 1992.’
- ‘Mike Marshall, of course, won the 1974 National League Cy Young Award with the Los Angeles Dodgers.’
Named in honor of Cy Young.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.