One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moth caterpillar that lives in the upper layers of the soil and eats through the stems of young plants at ground level.
Several species in the family Noctuidae
- ‘The army cutworm spends the winter as a partially grown larvae and usually is a threat to wheat and alfalfa at and shortly after these crops break dormancy.’
- ‘Many garden pests are carabid food: cutworms, codling moth larvae, tent caterpillars, slugs, snails and cankerworms to name a few.’
- ‘Watch specifically for cutworms, flea beetles and leaf miners.’
- ‘The product works as either a preventive or curative control for fire ants, mole crickets, sod webworms, cutworms, armyworms and chinch bugs.’
- ‘Cutworm problems are generally associated with the black cutworm, which is an annual migrant from the south.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.