One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moth caterpillar that lives in the upper layers of the soil and eats through the stems of young plants at ground level.
Several species in the family Noctuidae
- ‘Many garden pests are carabid food: cutworms, codling moth larvae, tent caterpillars, slugs, snails and cankerworms to name a few.’
- ‘Cutworm problems are generally associated with the black cutworm, which is an annual migrant from the south.’
- ‘The product works as either a preventive or curative control for fire ants, mole crickets, sod webworms, cutworms, armyworms and chinch bugs.’
- ‘The army cutworm spends the winter as a partially grown larvae and usually is a threat to wheat and alfalfa at and shortly after these crops break dormancy.’
- ‘Watch specifically for cutworms, flea beetles and leaf miners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.