One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The flattened oval internal skeleton of the cuttlefish, which is made of white, lightweight, chalky material. It is used as a dietary supplement for caged birds and for making casts for precious metal items.
- ‘Another item that should be kept in your parakeet's cage is either a cuttlebone or a mineral block.’
- ‘The bird should also be provided with fresh cuttlebone and fresh water.’
- ‘Both groups had access to cuttlebone and fresh water ad libitum.’
- ‘Fresh drinking water, oystershell grit, and cuttlebone were available ad libitum.’
- ‘Almost any bird needs a cuttlebone or mineral equivalent to keep their bones healthy and beaks sharp.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.