One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horse trained in separating cattle from a herd.
- ‘My old horse was a wonderful cutting horse in his and my mind.’
- ‘A good cutting horse is completely calm going into a herd; then explodes when asked to work, but doesn't take three days to return to earth after the session is over.’
- ‘On his ranch outside McLeod, Montana, he raises cutting horses and runs cattle.’
- ‘Born and raised in a tiny Texan cattle town, she has ridden cutting horses for much of her life. She currently competes on her sorrel Quarter horse gelding, Rum n Tari.’
- ‘‘In some cases, we even hauled a spare trailer along with us,’ said Anderson, a cutting horse enthusiast.’
- ‘One of the people William rode a lot of horses for was cutting horse trainer Robert Rust who is one of the top cutting horse trainers in the world today.’
- ‘In 1979, a group of Southeastern cutters met in Atlanta to discuss establishing a major cutting horse show for this region of the nation.’
- ‘We've handled these cutting horses a certain way for a long time.’
- ‘It had taken long, painstaking hours to train the black cutting horse.’
- ‘Bode's favorite horses include the fabulously trained Trigger and the spectacular cutting horse, Smart Little Lena.’
- ‘Despite all my good training, he turned out to be a fantastic halter horse and then he became a nice cutting horse.’
- ‘That means with super horses like finished cutting horses or grand prix jumping horses or grand prix dressage or whatever, you want the work cycles to be within the three to five days as much as possible.’
- ‘The show, for 4-year-old cutting horses, began on July 9, making it a 20 day event, second only to the NCHA Futurity in length.’
- ‘A reined cow horse is asked to sort a single cow from the herd and hold it (keep it from returning to the herd) for the required time - no different than what is required of a champion cutting horse.’
- ‘The shots are taken at different angles, giving the viewer a unique perspective. It's an education to see how athletic a top cutting horse has to be to be successful at this level.’
- ‘For example, if you are in the cutting horse or racehorse business, show the amount of monies that are trends in the market place, as this will certainly affect the forecasted profitability of the horse ranch.’
- ‘She has many years of experience as a horse owner and currently rides cutting horses.’
- ‘In 1978 Osborne found his way to the U.S., not as a knifemaker, but to pursue a career in training cutting horses.’
- ‘It will be the very first showing of these three-year-old cutting horses, and the stakes are high.’
- ‘May, who said he has almost accumulated $13,000 in scholarship money over the past three years due to cutting, has been showing cutting horses for eight years and competing in this event for four years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.