Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An attractive or endearing person.
- ‘So get with the girls, dress up, go out, smile at some cuties and, this time, go for someone who really does deserve someone as great as you!’
- ‘I appreciate that variety is the spice of life, and writing every story about blonde cuties Jan and Peter would be boring in the extreme.’
- ‘If you don't like the cuties in designer T-shirts around you, use your binoculars to look up at the ones on deck at Tonic.’
- ‘Naturally I took heaps of photos of all the cuties.’
- ‘The five young cuties, Rambo, Pedro, Barney, Wendy and Dandy, have fitted in well but are already keeping staff on their toes.’
- ‘For the moment, though, London is making the most of it, and I spent lunchtime sat in Soho Square reading a rival magazine amid the topless cuties.’
- ‘A kid who comes out should receive presents and cards and have a party thrown for him or her (with a delegation of cuties from the local LGB youth group invited).’
- ‘Look around, and you'll see tons of fresh, never-seen-him-before cuties doing their thing at the pool, the park, the mall - just about anywhere!’
- ‘Last week, these two young cuties showed up at my local skate park and I was embarrassed by the serious lack of game I witnessed.’
- ‘This is the kind of song which just washes over UK viewers but will hoover up the Balkan votes, particularly as it has a boyband with 3 cuties.’
- ‘Sanrio, the company responsible for Hello Kitty, Little Twin Stars and a host of other cuties, has a billion-dollar turnover, much of it derived from the lucrative licensing of products from T-shirts to sex toys.’
- ‘The exuberant first dance sequence brings to the New York streets a multiethnic rhythm nation of cuties in halters and hip-huggers, all waving little American flags.’
- ‘Here is a funny picture of my three cuties: Kris, Jenny and Bella’
- ‘You won't get jealous when I flirt with all the cuties in Aikido.’
- ‘Will's always been a cutie and I've always been attracted to him, even during my everlasting love for Brett.’
- ‘I noticed one of the cuties had left his seat, and I said out loud, ‘Hey!’’
- ‘Some of the images, such as local Web cam cuties frolicking against a colourful backdrop, look elaborately directed.’
- ‘Sedaka leers at some bikini-clad cuties, gets involved in a love triangle, sings ‘Waterbug’ and promptly disappears from the film, never to be seen again.’
- ‘Not to mention that on a 30-minute run in the Olmsted-designed Prospect Park near my house I see literally dozens of cuties in Marilyn's class.’
- ‘These two cuties, guitarists in their band Raw Material, used to burn holes in their ‘lucky’ guitar picks and string them onto chains.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.