Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Modify (something) to suit a particular individual or task.‘many caterers offer private tastings and customized menus’‘the suit can be customized for every skydiving need’
- ‘Over time, I see students working more on modifying standard components in the Revit libraries and customizing them for their individual projects.’
- ‘Every bike is unique because everyone customises their bike to reflect their individual personalities.’
- ‘‘We also customise certain designs to suit their needs,’ he added.’
- ‘This new look is actually a template available to anyone but I went ahead and customised it a little to suit my needs.’
- ‘Several IT companies in India spend their time customizing software to suit the requirements of their clients.’
- ‘If they don't like coffee then they can customise their coffee to suit their tastes.’
- ‘The most important trimmed battery power requirements by modifying and customizing operating system software and hardware.’
- ‘Can certain parts of the course be customised to suit your exact needs if necessary?’
- ‘Further, the technology is fully customised to the individual patient's eye.’
- ‘One can even customise dialer tones for individual callers.’
- ‘Just as long as the rules are agreed upon before play begins, there should be no problem in customising the rules to suit your own needs.’
- ‘Real users can click down through the levels to get to individual scripts that customise each board.’
- ‘Using these crucial inputs, customised footwear is made for individual patients.’
- ‘Modifying or customizing a vehicle has also become a trend among car enthusiasts nowadays.’
- ‘Financial advisers worth their salt will customize a plan to suit the individual customer.’
- ‘The front grill and the interiors were customised to suit the customer.’
- ‘Most experienced herbalists take a base formula and customize it for the individual.’
- ‘Right clicking brings up an easy to navigate menu that lets you customize your weapons on the fly.’
- ‘More new features will be added later this year, which will allow individuals to customise the site, according to their needs.’
- ‘These menus allow players to customize gameplay without having to know any programming.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.