One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The assistance and advice provided by a company to those people who buy or use its products or services.
- ‘The boat manufacturers could learn a lesson from the car companies in customer service and how to earn a customer for life, not just until the check is written.’
- ‘In previous jobs, I've had to deal with time-sheet fudgers and writers threatening companies with negative articles in retaliation for bad customer service.’
- ‘"We have become known for being innovators in the industry as well as for providing topnotch customer service," he said.’
- ‘Customer service is one of the key components in any successful business.’
- ‘Check the opening hours of customer service helplines and whether they are open at the weekends.’
- ‘Shoppers can also get a refund of their bus fare from the customer service desks at its store in Basingstoke if they present their bus ticket and a receipt of their purchases.’
- ‘Insurance firms will need more agents, claims adjusters, researchers and customer service representatives.’
- ‘Firms must cut costs, beef up balance sheets, and boost efficiency, quality, innovation and customer service.’
- ‘Companies may be forced to compete less on price and more on customer service.’
- ‘A recent survey on customer service concluded that nine out of 10 customers say how they are treated by a business is a major factor in determining where they will buy.’
- ‘Noye says job cuts will only punish loyal staff and do nothing to improve staff morale or customer service.’
- ‘More and more tools are being developed to help companies improve customer service and sales on their Web sites.’
- ‘With a new chief executive at the helm, the company is slashing prices, upgrading customer service, and overhauling its product line.’
- ‘If you have questions, your credit card company has a toll free customer service number.’
- ‘As the service continues to scale, especially with heavy uptake in emerging markets like India, providing decent customer service remains an issue.’
- ‘Pauline, a 28 - year-old customer service officer, has suffered from stress and depression in the past.’
- ‘As befitting a company that has won awards for the quality of its customer service, Lakeland Limited has paid much attention to detail within the light and airy store.’
- ‘He has a hundred full-time staff members at an office in Hong Kong to handle customer service.’
- ‘Improved customer service and better communication between headquarters and store staff will lead to higher sales.’
- ‘We have been recognized as one of the best airlines in the industry for customer service.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.