Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Dealing directly with customers.‘the programs are particularly valuable in customer-facing environments such as call centers’
- ‘Enhancing the breadth of knowledge of various domains and technologies among customer-facing associates.’
- ‘Superior management of customer relationships requires integration between these fundamental functions to provide a seamless customer-facing deployment.’
- ‘Dell has a relatively flat structure with minimal bureaucracy at the customer-facing end of the business.’
- ‘Gather information from customers, from your customer-facing employees, from sources outside the firm.’
- ‘Customer relationship management is a business strategy that company leaders employ to coordinate customer-facing business functions.’
- ‘Expect original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to not slash spending in customer-facing systems.’
- ‘Before the merger was complete, the bank pledged to maintain employment levels in what it calls "customer-facing positions."’
- ‘Look for metrics in the revenue growth areas of customer-facing applications.’
- ‘Another significant difference is the customer-facing presentation of the published media itself.’
- ‘SMT has taken disciplinary action against the courier and removed him from a customer-facing role.’
- ‘To unlock the full revenue potential of the core infrastructure, carriers must deploy new services at the customer-facing edge.’
- ‘All these are granted on a pro-rata basis to bank staff who work reduced hours, many of them in customer-facing roles, technical, business and customer support.’
- ‘The bank said it hoped some staff would transfer to other jobs in the "customer-facing" areas of the business.’
- ‘An undisclosed number of jobs will go, but any reduction in headcount is likely to be balanced by an increase in customer-facing roles.’
- ‘The firm has also hired Bain & Co. to deal with customer-facing issues surrounding the takeover.’
- ‘The company insisted that employees in customer-facing jobs would not be targeted by the job cuts.’
- ‘It seems companies are ditching customer-facing ebusiness and instead adopting systems aimed at suppliers and employees.’
- ‘Backing up their solutions is the largest customer-facing organization in the industry.’
- ‘Customer-facing associates usually spend majority of their time chasing for responses to their queries.’
- ‘Customer-facing functions must be rapidly adaptable, allowing organizations to accommodate real-time business change and seize new market opportunities.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.