One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, eellike fish with a tapering body and fins that form a pointed tail, typically found in deep water.
- ‘Courtenay describes the sound producing mechanism of adult striped cusk-eels, and which is found only in the males.’
- ‘We believe that our observations suggest widespread spawning of striped cusk-eels within estuaries of both the north and south shores of Cape Cod.’
- ‘This is the only cusk-eel sound that has been identified to the species level.’
- ‘Calling was often initiated while cusk-eels were still partially or entirely burrowed.’
- ‘A cusk eel takes refuge in a crevice, under an umbrella of gorgonian corals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.