Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Cushing's syndrome as caused by a tumor of the pituitary gland.
- ‘The pituitary gland tumors in Cushing's disease aren't usually cancerous.’
- ‘In females with severe acne, consider polycystic ovarian disease, ‘congenital’ adrenal hyperplasia, or Cushing's disease.’
- ‘It is also important to inquire about symptoms of systemic diseases, including hypothyroidism and Cushing's disease.’
- ‘Neurologic and endocrine diseases, such as hyperthyroidism and Cushing's disease, are the most frequently cited medical causes of anxiety.’
- ‘When he was about 10, Casey developed Cushing's disease, which required regular medication that was akin to chemotherapy.’
- ‘Cranial nerve II may be affected by enlarging pituitary adenomas in Cushing's disease; cranial nerves III, IV and VI may also be affected.’
- ‘The most common disorder noted was hypercalciuria, followed by malabsorption, hyperparathyroidism, vitamin D deficiency, exogenous hyperthyroidism, Cushing's disease, and hypocalciuric hypercalcemia.’
- ‘Subsequent case reports have further emphasized the frequency of bacterial infections in Cushing's disease.’
- ‘Other endocrine abnormalities such as hypothyroidism and Cushing's disease may lead to short stature, as can a variety of genetic disorders, including chromosomal, metabolic, and single gene disorders.’
- ‘A 35 percent increase in the ACTH level at 15 and 30 minutes after corticotropin administration is reported to be 93 percent sensitive and 100 percent specific for Cushing's disease.’
- ‘Endocrine causes of acne include Cushing's disease or syndrome, polycystic ovary syndrome, and congenital adrenal hyperplasia.’
- ‘The directed physical examination also focuses on possible causes of secondary hypertension, such as renovascular disease, heart failure, and Cushing's disease.’
- ‘Every medical student soon learns that a ‘butterfly rash’ is diagnostic of Systematic Lupus Erythematosus and a ‘moon-shaped face’ is a hallmark of Cushing's disease.’
- ‘My stepdaughter was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease and had the surgery to remove a pituitary gland tumour.’
- ‘The latter condition, recently described has been called obesity related laminitis or peripheral Cushing's disease.’
Cushing's disease/ˈko͝oSHiNGz dəˌzēz/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.