One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The subjects comprising a course of study in a school or college.
syllabus, course of studies, course of study, programme of studies, programme of study, educational programme, subjects, modulesView synonyms
- ‘In focusing on the problems with the new science curriculum, my analysis here might seem one-sided.’
- ‘They teach the required Egyptian standard curriculum plus art and music.’
- ‘The education sector will provide curriculum materials linked to library artifacts and museum exhibits.’
- ‘The schools follow the curriculum taught in Taiwan and receive a small subsidy from the Ministry of Education.’
- ‘So the interpretation was critiqued and debated in all high level curriculum committees.’
- ‘Times have changed since the liberal arts curriculum was developed.’
- ‘And that raises obvious issues for teacher-training, curriculum development, and so on.’
- ‘Private schools are not legally obliged to teach the national curriculum, unlike their state sector counterparts.’
- ‘Academic undergraduate curricula would have to be re-scheduled to incorporate time for acupuncture at the expense of other course work.’
- ‘I felt a distinct, self-inflicted pressure to cover the requisite curriculum material.’
- ‘In the process of designing courses and curriculums I re-examined how colleges do it.’
- ‘Recently, three other universities have begun to offer a pharmacy curriculum.’
- ‘Many children continue to study their own curriculum by attending evening classes.’
- ‘Here is a summary of the United Kingdom's national educational curriculum.’
- ‘Their writings now constitute a large part of the standard curriculum for graduate students studying the history of modern art.’
- ‘One campus I visited spent several years implementing a new general education curriculum.’
- ‘Statements taken from standard biology curricula appear to have been mixed in.’
- ‘Today's school curriculum is fuller than ever, but the school day isn't any longer.’
- ‘I find it really hard to understand why demanding standards and a sound academic core curriculum should do any harm.’
- ‘The curriculums include prayer, and all subjects are taught in a religious framework.’
Early 19th century: from Latin (see curricle).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.