One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of accounting in which assets are valued on the basis of their current replacement cost, and increases in their value as a result of inflation are excluded from calculations of profit.
- ‘There have been several forms of current cost accounting, purchasing power accounting and so on since the mid 1970s that have been proposed as alternatives.’
- ‘The most successful push for an alternative has been for variations of replacement cost accounting, often referred to as current cost accounting.’
- ‘They discuss the subsequent prescription of current cost accounting principles.’
- ‘Why is current cost accounting the most relevant way of assessing competitive advantage?’
- ‘They indicated that rather than attempt to revise all of the historical cost accounting groundwork, most firms should merely attempt to modify their current cost accounting systems.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.