One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's difficult to tell from the analysis of the memos if Roberts's ‘word-consciousness’ will rise above the level of mere curmudgeonliness.’
- ‘This campaign, incidentally, is being seriously impeded not just by my own curmudgeonliness, but more by the lack of a mate to drag along.’
- ‘Now there's a lot to be said for this genre - but apparently curmudgeonliness ain't what it used to be (now when I was a kid, we had real curmudgeons).’
- ‘Some 1,800 of his sayings are collected here, most of them expressive of his wit and erudition and not a few of them demonstrating a degree of misanthropy or at least curmudgeonliness.’
- ‘It is this attitude that accounts for much of what Foster regards as mere curmudgeonliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.