One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heated rod used for rolling a person's hair into curls.
- ‘Curl with either rollers or curling iron, remove ponytail and brush out.’
- ‘Skip the curling iron in the morning - if done faithfully, you should have enough wave for daily styling.’
- ‘Here, we dried the hair and then used a large barrel curling iron to curl it under.’
- ‘Then, using medium- and large-barrel curling irons, she created soft, light curls that can easily be fingered into shape.’
- ‘Then he flipped sections of the hair with a curling iron and separated the bangs into chunky pieces for an edgy finish.’
- ‘I then took the small curling iron and spiral curled the rest of her hair.’
- ‘When I had finished showering, I started up the curling iron and blow-dried my hair until it was barely damp.’
- ‘Use a curling iron or add heated curlers to make the curls.’
- ‘He then bumped the hair with a curling iron to mold ends, and shaped it with a claw comb.’
- ‘Curl large sections of the hair with a curling iron.’
- ‘I blow-dried my hair and started the curling iron heating while I thought.’
- ‘She used a medium-barrel curling iron to turn the hair under and over before finger-styling it.’
- ‘Human hair wigs can be restyled using heating devices, such as curling irons.’
- ‘This includes hair dryers, curling irons, and room heaters.’
- ‘The counter was cluttered with hair products, curling irons, brushes and cosmetics.’
- ‘Another thing to remember is that synthetic wigs cannot be styled with curling irons, hot rollers or blow dryers.’
- ‘Although heat drying and curling irons are part of this newscaster's daily grind, she balances them with consistent conditioning and moisturizing.’
- ‘You can ditch your curling iron with this easy, modern do.’
- ‘There's no holiday hairstyling tool that's more versatile and more essential than the curling iron.’
- ‘If you usually slick your hair back in a neat ponytail, put a curling iron to the test and wear your hair long and wavy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.