One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heated rod used for rolling a person's hair into curls.
- ‘Human hair wigs can be restyled using heating devices, such as curling irons.’
- ‘She used a medium-barrel curling iron to turn the hair under and over before finger-styling it.’
- ‘Here, we dried the hair and then used a large barrel curling iron to curl it under.’
- ‘Skip the curling iron in the morning - if done faithfully, you should have enough wave for daily styling.’
- ‘Then, using medium- and large-barrel curling irons, she created soft, light curls that can easily be fingered into shape.’
- ‘This includes hair dryers, curling irons, and room heaters.’
- ‘Use a curling iron or add heated curlers to make the curls.’
- ‘If you usually slick your hair back in a neat ponytail, put a curling iron to the test and wear your hair long and wavy.’
- ‘I blow-dried my hair and started the curling iron heating while I thought.’
- ‘He then bumped the hair with a curling iron to mold ends, and shaped it with a claw comb.’
- ‘I then took the small curling iron and spiral curled the rest of her hair.’
- ‘When I had finished showering, I started up the curling iron and blow-dried my hair until it was barely damp.’
- ‘Then he flipped sections of the hair with a curling iron and separated the bangs into chunky pieces for an edgy finish.’
- ‘The counter was cluttered with hair products, curling irons, brushes and cosmetics.’
- ‘Curl with either rollers or curling iron, remove ponytail and brush out.’
- ‘There's no holiday hairstyling tool that's more versatile and more essential than the curling iron.’
- ‘You can ditch your curling iron with this easy, modern do.’
- ‘Another thing to remember is that synthetic wigs cannot be styled with curling irons, hot rollers or blow dryers.’
- ‘Curl large sections of the hair with a curling iron.’
- ‘Although heat drying and curling irons are part of this newscaster's daily grind, she balances them with consistent conditioning and moisturizing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.