One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for gambrel
- ‘The building is covered with a curb roof, which is rarely seen in the town surroundings.’
- ‘They also worked on the flood trough, installed the curb roof and framed the wall around door 117.’
- ‘Wooden joists and rafters are very common structural features in small homes and houses with curb roofs.’
- ‘The dwelling is divided into a two-floor, seven-axle, plastered main body of a building with a central entrance, a flight of outdoor stairs made of quarry stones and a curb roof.’
- ‘The verticality suggested by the doubled pillars and the curb roof in three levels is counterbalanced by the solving of the framing of the ground floor with horizontal belts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.