One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A market for selling shares not dealt with on the normal stock exchange.
- ‘Meanwhile, private-equity funds are active traders in Vietnam's flourishing informal curb market in shares, which has a market capitalization of about $2 billion.’
- ‘The governing authorities shall have the power to establish and maintain, and to provide for the governing and regulation of curb markets.’
- ‘The Department shall supervise and control curb markets and shall enforce the provisions of this Section.’
- ‘But if the banks were doing a better job of allocating capital in the first place, there would be less need for a curb market.’
- ‘The curb market continued to exist, along with the formal banking system, through the 1980s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.