A market for selling shares not dealt with on the normal stock exchange.
- ‘The Department shall supervise and control curb markets and shall enforce the provisions of this Section.’
- ‘The curb market continued to exist, along with the formal banking system, through the 1980s.’
- ‘But if the banks were doing a better job of allocating capital in the first place, there would be less need for a curb market.’
- ‘Meanwhile, private-equity funds are active traders in Vietnam's flourishing informal curb market in shares, which has a market capitalization of about $2 billion.’
- ‘The governing authorities shall have the power to establish and maintain, and to provide for the governing and regulation of curb markets.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.