One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The office, position, or work of a curate.‘I was in England serving my curacy’
- ‘And unlike Herbert his ministry was a long one: curacies in Chirk and Hanmer.’
- ‘He did however spend two years in study at Oxford in Magdalen College and had the prospect of a curacy in Buckinghamshire.’
- ‘That of 7 June 1789 may be the first Malthus delivered as ordained deacon licensed to the curacy of Okewood Chapel; the second was read shortly thereafter.’
- ‘She will return to complete her three year curacy (assistant to a training vicar), before having to look for a parish of her own to lead.’
- ‘Jane's mother was disowned because she married beneath her class, and after a year of marriage both parents caught the typhus fever in the curacy where Jane's father worked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.