A dark red or brownish black mineral consisting of cuprous oxide.
- ‘Other exciting occurrences of cuprite and associated secondary minerals will no doubt be discovered as new mines are developed.’
- ‘Associated minerals were calcite, copper, cuprite, tenorite, and malachite.’
- ‘Copper pseudomorphs after another isometric mineral, apparently cuprite, are known in excellent, though rare, specimens.’
- ‘Other secondary copper minerals associated with the chrysocolla are malachite, cuprite, and tenorite.’
- ‘The mine is well known for the rare secondary copper minerals that occur in the lode, including paramelaconite, cuprite, malachite, and dioptase.’