One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier A complex ion, Cu(NH₃)₄²⁺, formed in solution when ammonia is added to copper salts. The solution is deep blue and is used to dissolve cellulose.
- ‘This paper deals with the preparation and characterization of keratin/cellulose films prepared by coagulating polymers blends from cuprammonium solution.’
- ‘If ammonia is added to a copper compound then a deep blue solution called cuprammonium hydroxide is formed.’
- ‘By contrast, the cuprammonium rayon fibers are made from cotton linters as main raw material.’
- ‘This fiber, which was developed by a group of British scientists only a year after the cuprammonium type was first created, involves treating the cellulose with sodium hydroxide followed by carbon disulfide to create cellulose xanthate.’
- ‘The two most commonly used production methods for rayon are the cuprammonium process and the viscose process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.