The action or an instance of delaying; tardy action.
indecisiveness, indecision, irresoluteness, lack of resolution, hesitancy, hesitation, tentativenessView synonyms
- ‘There are some people who like to see you post next chapters without any vexing cunctations.’
- ‘We advise you practice no cunctation in preparing for your future.’
- ‘Fleury's cunctations were disgusting to the ardent mind.’
- ‘Our capacity for cunctation is one of our most powerful and characteristic weapons.’
- ‘Celerity ought to be contempered with cunctation.’