One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cloud forming a towering mass with a flat base at fairly low altitude and often a flat top, as in thunderstorms.‘the development of clouds from fair-weather cumulus to giant cumulonimbus’count noun ‘those clouds that will build west of Baltimore late Sunday afternoon are cumulonimbi’
- ‘The rising air cools and produces towering cumulus and cumulonimbus clouds.’
- ‘The rising air is associated with a region of low air pressure, towering cumulonimbus clouds and rain.’
- ‘A cumulonimbus has drifted over the spires of downtown, where it hangs like a vast gray anvil.’
- ‘As air rises in a large cumulonimbus or thunderhead cloud condensation occurs and all three forms of water are present.’
- ‘First, thunderstorms are birthed by cumulonimbus clouds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.