Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a cloud) developed in a predominantly vertical direction.
- ‘Cloud bands indicating shallow convective heat development maturing as shallow cumuliform cloud is the likely result.’
- ‘Convection generally produces cumuliform clouds but may produce stratocumulus and altocumulus.’
- ‘Today's classification system begins with two basic types: cumuliform and stratiform.’
- ‘The nature of showers coming from cumuliform clouds means that often the sun can be seen while the rain is falling.’
- ‘Snow can form in cumuliform clouds and also in stratiform clouds - altostratus and nimbostratus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.