One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cloud) developed in a predominantly vertical direction.
- ‘Today's classification system begins with two basic types: cumuliform and stratiform.’
- ‘Snow can form in cumuliform clouds and also in stratiform clouds - altostratus and nimbostratus.’
- ‘Convection generally produces cumuliform clouds but may produce stratocumulus and altocumulus.’
- ‘Cloud bands indicating shallow convective heat development maturing as shallow cumuliform cloud is the likely result.’
- ‘The nature of showers coming from cumuliform clouds means that often the sun can be seen while the rain is falling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.