One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cloud) developed in a predominantly vertical direction.
- ‘Today's classification system begins with two basic types: cumuliform and stratiform.’
- ‘Cloud bands indicating shallow convective heat development maturing as shallow cumuliform cloud is the likely result.’
- ‘The nature of showers coming from cumuliform clouds means that often the sun can be seen while the rain is falling.’
- ‘Convection generally produces cumuliform clouds but may produce stratocumulus and altocumulus.’
- ‘Snow can form in cumuliform clouds and also in stratiform clouds - altostratus and nimbostratus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.