Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An error consistently in the same direction for all observations.
- ‘Thus, this procedure helps determine how many and which groups are different from each other while minimizing the cumulative error rate.’
- ‘Human error and cumulative errors are greatly reduced compared with tape measured layouts.’
- ‘Vertical atmospheric profiles, aerosol parameters, ozone content, surface reflectance and solar angle uncertainties also contribute different and cumulative errors.’
- ‘If errors continue to be serially correlated, the cumulative error will grow over time.’
- ‘This updating process is continuous throughout movement and is believed to be more accurate over short distances than long distances and subject to cumulative error over longer distances.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.