A unit of flow equal to one cubic meter of water per second.‘minimum flows proposed would vary seasonally between 80 cumecs in winter and 140 cumecs in summer’
- ‘We are talking about a river that has a mean annual flow of about 340 cumecs.’
- ‘It does not say that the board must take an all-or-nothing approach, that it must give the whole 15 cumecs to the irrigators, or none of it.’
- ‘I do not believe, and I do not think anyone on the select committee believed, that 15 cumecs of water would cause it to lose its ability to generate electricity for the rest of New Zealand.’
- ‘The question to answer is: Was there a modelling scenario of a release of 52 cumecs, in the space of 12 hours, or a scenario of the effect of 37 cumecs being released in one instance, on January 4, 2003?’
- ‘We should be concerned for the safety of the elderly and invalids in the event that this new river is ever operated at its stated capacity of 215 cumecs.’
On the model of cusec.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.