One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Slowly and cumbrously it made its way along the line until it reached the end of the section at Attack Creek.’
- ‘The first thing I noticed on the drive up was the full buttery moon cumbrously suspended over the Manhattan skyline, pregnant with hope.’
- ‘‘Numerals, in the rare cases in which they appear at all, are cumbrously written out or, in late times, expressed in Roman style.’’
- ‘So one kind of knew what to expect from this cumbrously titled opus.’
- ‘He moves softly and cumbrously, not unlike a bear who has been taught to walk upright.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.