One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Whether on issues to do with the environment or with the family, with economics or with education, with popular culture or with sex, they were wrong to various degrees - from the mildly wrong-headed to the absolutely and culpably mistaken.’
- ‘The fifth and final hypothesis to be discussed concerns non-institutional agents who culpably perform acts that undermine legitimate institutional processes or purposes.’
- ‘He added: ‘It is difficult to see how the Crown could argue that they hadn't been culpably negligent if they didn't take steps to prevent the forthcoming prosecution witness from accessing the remote sites.’’
- ‘And if it is not intentional it is still culpably reckless.’
- ‘Instead of relating to the good human impulse here, registering it and further encouraging it, some have preferred to emphasize that it isn't enough, that someone is culpably remiss, and so forth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.