One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I harvested 46 cukes from the two plants in about five weeks.’
- ‘We kept a half dozen eggs and a stick of butter cool along with some tomatoes and cukes in a bucket lowered on a rope into the well.’
- ‘Tomatoes, eggplant, even bush varieties of cukes can be tucked into a flower garden.’
- ‘Instead of growing squash and cukes, she cultivated things that would feed them all year - potatoes, onions, garlic, beans.’
- ‘Tomorrow, Labor Day, we harvest the last of the tomatoes and cukes and pack up for the return to Massachusetts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.