One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Endearing and pleasant to cuddle.‘cuddlesome lion cubs and strokeable deer’
- ‘Obviously here, we have a romantic, a cuddlesome creature, probably cruelly scorned, and our sympathy goes out to her.’
- ‘It would seem that, behind that sweet cuddlesome exterior, there beats the heart of a drug fiend in waiting.’
- ‘The bulldog, although bred originally for close encounters in blood sports, was a cuddlesome, affable creature beneath the ferocity and gore.’
- ‘In the movie's most memorable scenes - like Louise and Scott's cuddlesome visit to an Italian restaurant - the actors take advantage of the room to breathe.’
- ‘There are few things as consistent and cuddlesome as a beagle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.