One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A viral disease affecting plants of the gourd family, spread by beetles and aphids and causing mottling and stunting.
- ‘They are vulnerable to a disease spread by aphids called cucumber mosaic virus, which can cause the plants to turn brown and die.’
- ‘The plants can also host crop viruses, such as cucumber mosaic virus, potato leafroll virus, potato virus Y, tomato mosaic, or the potato fungus Alternaria solani.’
- ‘Only cotton, delayed ripening tomatoes, cucumber mosaic virus-resistant sweet peppers, and color-altered petunias were approved for production within China.’
- ‘Both stages can carry bacterial wilt or cucumber mosaic virus, diseases that will quickly kill the plant.’
- ‘They are blamed with spreading bacterial wilt and cucumber mosaic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.