One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘With the arrogant humility of an important young artist, he schooled himself in the most advanced art of his time - notably the work of Picasso and the cubists.’
- ‘The French cubist painter Georges Braque once said that art is made to disturb, while science reassures.’
- ‘French surrealists, cubists, and impressionists mostly influence Lebanese artists, who add an oriental touch to the French technique and subject matter.’
- ‘The museum, featuring the works of artists like Matisse and Picasso, holds one of the largest collections of cubist, surrealist and abstract art.’
- ‘They stand as securely in the tradition of western art now as the cubists, the impressionists or the romantics do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.